Epoxy is a surface coating that protects concrete flooring from the day-to-day wear and tear that can degrade concrete over time. Epoxy flooring is a stain-resistant, chemical-resistant, durable flooring finish that provides luster and even beauty to many industrial settings.
Epoxy Coating Process
Epoxy is a product that is installed over concrete. The installation process begins with flooring preparation. The floor is cleaned and then mechanically prepared, ensuring that the epoxy will properly bond to the concrete. The epoxy consists of resins and hardeners mixed together. Once mixed, the epoxy is then squeegeed, backrolled, and allowed to self level. Your reputable contractors will apply a urethane topcoat for wear resistance over the epoxy.
When this process is complete and the epoxy has cured, the resulting product is a reflective, long-lasting, super hard surface, perfect for warehouses, construction companies, stores, and other commercial settings. It is impact resistant, heat resistant, and capable of bearing heavy weights without cracking or flaking.
Benefits of Epoxy Coatings
The benefits of epoxy coatings are numerous and varied, making epoxy flooring a preferred option for many businesses.
- Affordable. Epoxy coatings offer inexpensive and durable protection for concrete floors. In addition, epoxy coatings can last for many years, reducing maintenance costs over time. Compared to businesses that use other flooring options, businesses with epoxy coatings may spend less money on flooring over time.
- Chemical resistant, spill resistant. Epoxy floorings can be formulated to deliver chemical resistance to specific types of chemicals. Businesses with an industrial or construction-related focus require this type of chemical resistance for the safety of their workers.
- Safe. With anti-skid, impact resistant, and line striping options available, epoxy flooring is safe for a variety of industries. This can improve productivity with directional markings, increase light reflectivity, and reduce slips and falls.
- Color coated. Businesses that need to designate specific work zones within a single building can use different colors of epoxy flooring for this purpose. Color coated epoxy flooring can indicate which areas are used for storage, vehicle parking, foot traffic and more.
- Durable. Epoxy coating is highly resistant to damage from long-term use.
- Attractive. With different colors and patterning flecks available, epoxy coating is an asset in show rooms and stores where product display is critical to the success of the business.
For more information about how epoxy coating can benefit your business, or for a free quote, contact Liquid Floors. We deliver the very best in quality to businesses and agencies seeking durable flooring options.